[Development] Feature Freeze Exception: QStringView

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Feb 20 22:02:43 CET 2017

On segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2017 12:48:50 PST Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 January 2017 13:32:03 Lars, Knoll wrote:
> > Let's get this into dev as soon as we can, and make sure we have a great
> > story to tell for 5.10.
>
> The base commit isn't in, yet. There's been no measureable forward progress
> regarding review. I'm not going to work on the patch series until the basis
> is merged, since I am not interested in another Q_STRINGTABLE experience.

Because there was a rush of P0s relating to tests that were flaky because the
CI is 300-1000x slower than a machine ought to be. So the time I had alloted
for it was spent elsewhere, applying workarounds to things that shouldn't need
fixing.

I'll take a look after the Embedded Linux Conference / OpenIoT Summit.

I really want QStringView and I'd like to talk to you how Qt6 QString,
QStringView and a non-sharing QString class should cooperate to reduce code
size in QtCore. Something like QString deriving from QStringView.