[Development] Qt 5.10 pre-built bunaries

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Wed Jun 7 09:30:15 CEST 2017

Hi Jani,

> On 7 Jun 2017, at 08:57, Jani Heikkinen <jani.heikkinen at qt.io> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> There has been discussion ongoing about 5.10 supported platforms and CI configurations. What we haven't agreed yet is Qt 5.10 pre-built binaries. I don't see big need to change anything from 5.9 but there is still couple of things on my mind:
>
> - Should we now switch from MinGW32 bit -> MinGW 64bit ones? With 5.9 this was too early but would it be time to do it now? Offering both isn't an option. And 5,9 is LTS so 5.10 could be good release to change that...

We got a lot of questions about 32bit binaries still in the comments to the release blog. But those were pretty much all about VS2017. I'd personally be happy to move more towards 64 bit, but we should somehow find out how much 32bit is still required by our users.

> - Can we start using RHEL 7.4 for linux packaging? Tony is planning to add RHEL 7.4 in CI and so on it would be wise to replace 7.2 with 7.4 in the packaging as well

Sounds good to me, unless anybody knows about any reasons why we should stay on 7.2.

> Is there some other change proposals which we should discuss about?

I think we should strongly consider dropping 32bit for iOS.

Cheers,
Lars