[Development] iMX6 EGLGS 2D (QtWidgets) painting acceleration

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:39:24 CEST 2018

Hi all.

I have an Apalis iMX6 board with the Yocto's image with the working 'eglfs'
and 'linuxfb'  backends (without of X11 support).

I need to create a 'pure' QtWidgets application, where I need to use a
real-time plotting with the Qwt library (using the Qt Quick is not an
option, as there the QtCharts is not ready for usage) .

But, I'm sadly surprised that a 2D painting takes ~100% CPU loading as with
the 'eglfs' and as with 'linuxfb' backends. It is not an acceptable,
because, e.g. on Desktop Linux/Windows it takes ~4-5% CPU loading.

Is any workarounds for this? Maybe I need to re-build the Yocto's image to
enable the X11 'xcb' support?

BR,
Denis