[Interest] Moving to Qt Mobility

Preet prismatic.project at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 18:17:22 CET 2012

Hi Daniel,

You should clarify what you mean by 'low level functions'. Qt
Mobility's Multimedia stuff uses gstreamer as a back end (at least on
Linux desktop), but it doesn't give you much low level functionality.
For that, you'd be better off using gstreamer, or vlc or another back
end directly.

As for the installation... Qt Mobility has been missing from the SDK
for awhile now. I don't know if the latest SDK actually includes
Mobility for desktop. The last time I used it, I grabbed the mobility
source from the git repos and compiled/installed it that way.