[Interest] DBus multithreading problems with Qt 4.8

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Mon Mar 12 17:04:37 CET 2012

On Friday March 9 2012, christian_weilbach at web.de wrote:
> Nobody can help me on #kde-devel or the kde-devel list and I am out of
> ideas. What can I do to make it work again? I am likely doing it wrong, but
> am stuck. Has anything significant changed in Qt 4.8 in this regard?

If you have a test that you can run automatically, and a qt GIT checkout, then
I've had very good results with automatic bisecting (ie. git bisect start
v4.7.0 v4.8.0 -- src; git bisect run ./testcase.sh where testcase.sh needs to
compile Qt, compile the test app, then run the test app and return 0 on test
success and 1 on failure or 125 if you can't build). Run it over the night
and it will tell you next morning which commit caused the regression, if
there is a regression.