[Interest] Qt Assistant can't search

David Ching dc at dcsoft.com
Wed Mar 14 01:13:37 CET 2012

>Thanks, David. That's what I tried. I tried removing everything and adding
it back.
> I tried removing everything, closing Qt Assitant, re-starting Assistant
and adding
>everything back. I tried it more than once, and with some details thrown in
like
>setting it to a blank page before removing everything. My search still
doesn't work.

>I'm wondering if there's an index file somewhere that I can trash in order
to force
> the index to be re-built.

Hmm, I used the Windows utility Process Explorer to see which files
Assistant.exe has open.
Lookee there, e.g.

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Trolltech\Assistant\qthelpcollection_4.7.4.qhc
"
	C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Trolltech\Assistant\assistant.qch.4.7

Look in your Home directory for *.qhc and *.qhc.
Try deleting the directories containing these files.

Thanks,
David