[Interest] size policies, layouts, and size hints

Joshua Grauman jnfo-c at grauman.com
Sat Mar 17 20:09:32 CET 2012

Hello all,

Imagine a horizontal layout with 4 QLabels in it. The various QLabels have
different amounts of text that can vary quite a bit and can be changed
dynamically. I've been unable to get the horizontal layout/size policies
to size the QLabels how I would like. What I would like is for the amount
of 'extra' space to be divided up evenly between the QLabels. Any of the
size policies I try end up giving extra space to the smaller QLabels
*before* the bigger ones. I'm fine with subclassing QLabel and
reimplementing QLabel::sizeHint() if necessary, but don't know what I
would need to do there. Below is a picture of my situation. Thanks for any
help.

http://grauman.com/test.png

Josh