[Interest] qt.conf

Diego Iastrubni diegoiast at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:02:06 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Graham Labdon <
Graham.Labdon at avalonsciences.com> wrote:

>  Hi****
>
> I am trying to use the qt.conf functionality****
>
> In my qt.conf file I have the following ****
>
> ** **
>
> [Paths]****
>
> prefix = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\AcquisitionSoftware\\Qt"****
>
> ** **
>
> Running the app through the debugger I can use QLibraryInfo to verify that
> Qt is recognising the presence of the conf file****
>
> ** **
>
> I.e. ****
>
> QLibraryInfo::location(QLibraryInfo::LibrariesPath) returns C:/Program
> Files (x86)/AcquisitionSoftware/Qt/lib****
>
> ** **
>
> However running the application on a machine without Qt installed fails as
> it cannot locate QCore4.dll****
>
> ** **
>
> Note that on the target machine the folder C:/Program Files
> (x86)/AcquisitionSoftware/Qt/lib exists and contains QCore4.dll****
>
> **

That is because your code has not been called yed. The win32 loader cannot
find the DLLs needed.

Solution:
Write a wrapper application that sets parses the .conf file, set PATH
correctly and then starts the application. The startup APP must not depend
on any DLLs not provided by the OS or have the DLLs on the same dir.

Solution 2:
Move the DLLs to the application directory on windows.

Solution 3:
Does win32 support something like rpath on unix?