[Interest] Does it really worth it?

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 15:09:44 CEST 2012

This has *got* to be the project with the most emphatic users, but the lowest morale. We love it, but we're not sure if we should keep on loving it. Thanks Nokia.

In other news, Lumia 800 is now in China as 800C. I bet the Chinese won't go for it either. With WP7 Nokia phones now in China, what's Qt for again? Elop's strategy makes no sense. The only way I see Nokia coming out of this is by selling a few contractually obligated phones, taking the $10B that MS gave their ex employee, then Elop Flopping on MS back to Meego/Mer. Even Android would have been  better choice, because supporting Qt for Android would allow Nokia to develop Android/Qt apps, then move to their own Qt-based platform when it was ready.

And it better happen soon. I'm on Android and I'm going back to iOS in August. I'd like to buy a Nokia phone, but I won't buy a WP phone.