[Interest] Phonon video

Bo Thorsen bo at fioniasoftware.dk
Thu Mar 29 15:59:52 CEST 2012

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the attempt :)

As I say in the description, it worked last week, now it doesn't. So
it's not a question of installing working codecs, because I didn't
uninstall any of them.

Also, when I first tried to play the files we use, WMP wasn't able to
play them, so Phonon wasn't either. Then I installed the codecs, and
both were able to play them. Now, only WMP can play the files.

About the QtMultimedia: The detailed description of the module says "The
functionality provided by the Phonon Module is on a higher level and in
many cases more suitable for application developers."

But maybe I have to use it if Phonon is broken beyond reasonable repair.

Bo.

Bo Thorsen,
Fionia Software.

--