[Interest] QtXml deprecated, should I rewrite code that uses QDomDocument?

Niels Dekker mymailfromqt at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 9 14:30:17 CEST 2013

In a few Qt4 based projects that I'm involved with, we use QDomDocument,
from QtXml. Now with Qt5, QtXml is deprecated, and
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtxml/qtxml-index.html says about Qt
XML: "The module is not actively maintained anymore. Please use the
QXmlStreamReader and QXmlStreamWriter classes in Qt Core instead."

So is it recommended for Qt users to rewrite code that uses
QDomDocument, and replace it by code that uses QXmlStreamReader? It
seems like a non-trivial task to me! (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Is the intention to eventually remove the QtXml library from Qt framework?

Are there other (technical) reasons for me to stop using QDomDocument?

Kind regards, Niels
--
Niels Dekker
http://www.xs4all.nl/~nd/dekkerware