[Interest] Accellerated WebGL in Qt/WebKit?

Jori Liesenborgs jori.liesenborgs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 10:22:30 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone knows how to avoid copying the view from a
WebGL component to the CPU each time. On [1] it says to use a
QGraphicsWebView with a QGLWidget viewport, but if I try this the result
seems to be even slower than the more naive version.

I've placed some very simple testcode on [2], in which you can choose on
the commandline if you want to use the default compositing or the
QGLWidget one. If anyone has some thoughts about what I'm doing wrong or
what I'm missing, they're very welcome of course.

Cheers,
Jori

[1] https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitWebGL
[2] http://research.edm.uhasselt.be/jori/qtwebkit_gl.zip