[JEG] Suggested improvements to JIRA
mark.keir at nokia.com
mark.keir at nokia.com
Mon Apr 23 05:57:14 CEST 2012
1) Can't be done
2) Possible, requires permission scheme modification. "Manage Watchers" needs to have the "Engineer" project role added
3) the decision seems to have been made to enable a "Contributor" role in the discussion concluded in http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/jeg/2012-March/000021.html. No-one has stepped up as asked by Marius, so nothing has been done. Any change would require the codification of the conditions and process to elevate a "User" to "Contributor" in the model outlined at http://wiki.qt-project.org/The_Qt_Governance_Model before any action took place
If someone has approver access in Gerrit and they have not gone through the process required for elevation (ie email to dev list), I suggest that be corrected (ie permissions revoked) and someone stomp on the hands of the admin that bypassed the agreed process. Everyone who has been through the agreed process has had their JIRA access properly granted.
From: ext Thiago Macieira [mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 11:13 PM
To: jeg at qt-project.org
Cc: development at qt-project.org; Keir Mark (Nokia-MP/Brisbane)
Subject: Suggested improvements to JIRA
Here are a couple improvements I'd like to suggest to JIRA:
1) automatically add every commenter to the Watch list, upon making a comment Many people used to Bugzilla don't realise that they will not receive answers back unless they add themselves to the Watchers list. This means we never get replies that we need.
2) make it possible to add any user to the watcher list The only way today of requesting information from someone else is to assign the task. That means I can't ask for information from two people.
3) [if not 2, then] make it possible to assign a task to any user If assigning is the only way of getting feedback, then we need to be able to assign to any registered user.
Additionally, I'd like to request a review that every approver in the Qt Project has an account and that it is correctly in the OGApprovers group.
While cleaning up my tasks, I noticed two approvers to whom I could not assign tasks.
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com
Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
Intel Sweden AB - Registration Number: 556189-6027
Knarrarnäsgatan 15, 164 40 Kista, Stockholm, Sweden
More information about the JEG