[Marketing] Priorities - News

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Fri Dec 9 17:14:26 CET 2011

On 12/09/2011 03:46 AM, ext alexandra.leisse at nokia.com wrote:
> On 8.12.2011 6:05 PM, "ext Thiago Macieira"<thiago.macieira at intel.com>
>> It also needs a blog aggregator, so other people can make sure the news
>> are
>> published. I don't think the Qt project needs to provide a blog
>> publishing
>> system for everyone, as you can get your own at wordpress.com or
>> blogspot.com,
>> then simply aggregate into Qt Project blogs.
>
> Precisely. :)

Should we propose http://planetqt.org/ to merge and start from there or
are we talking about something new. If the latter, how.

Still a 'media team' or a 'media process' would be needed to highlight
relevant news to the homepage.

Maybe because I'm / I was a journalist I distrust editors in chief
(especially when I'm one of them). I was really happy about the results
of crowdsourcing editorial work at http://maemo.org/news/ when the
activity was intense there. Background: http://wiki.maemo.org/Social_news

And the important question: who wants to drive this ride?

--
Quim