[Marketing] QtCS registration (was RE: Can perhaps help a bit to prepare QtCS 2012)
quim.gil at nokia.com
quim.gil at nokia.com
Mon Mar 12 17:41:03 CET 2012
The existence of the Qt Project and a first Summit should make registration to Qt CS a lot easier. Looking at http://wiki.qt-project.org/Events/Qt_Contributors_Summit#Participation_criteria we can see that
- Approvers and maintainers are known by JIRA/Gerrit as such.
- Participants in the first Summit are known by http://qt-project.org/groups/qt_contributors_summit/members (although some "trolls-2011" might be missing there).
- We can tell who is in the organization team.
- We can tell who is a sponsor.
This makes accepting a nice % of the candidates a no-brainer task.
About the invited participants, they should also have a JIRA/Gerrit or DevNet account. Acceptance or not will probably be an easy task as well, based on who invites, who is the invited and how many seats are left.
I will leave to Sivan the decision to use a wiki page, a spreadsheet or else. In my opinion the closer to the Qt Project infra the better. For instance, we could have a public list where candidates would fill this info:
- Qt Project membership URL: http://qt-project.org/member/nnnnn (login to find out & make sure your email address is correct in order to receive notifications)
- Only code contributors: http://codereview.qt-project.org profile URL
- Name (as printed in badge)
- Organization (as printed in badge)
- Select checkbox: Maintainer, Approver, Sponsor, 2011 participant, Invited
- Optional field: Invited by? (needs to be maintainer or organizer)
- Requires visa support?
- Requires travel sponsorship?
- Tshirt: M / F S - M - L - XL - XXL (just in case we DO get budget for shirts)
An extra field CONFIRMED would be left for the organizers. It would be blank by default, or OK for those confirmed.
http://qt-project.org/groups/qt_contributors_summit/members could be reset and the organizers would add there the participants confirmed. I bet this has some advantages when it comes to send notifications at once and collaboration between participants? And we can get them a nice badge, perhaps?
More information about the Marketing