[PySide] Merging pyside-setup, shiboken and pyside

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue May 9 08:17:36 CEST 2017

Hi all,

you know that the PySide(2) project is sub-divided into three
main parts (no tools or examples):

    pyside-setup, shiboken and pyside.

We have been fighting with this structure quite often.
It is sometimes really hard to keep the repositories in sync
when we have several open branches in the workings.

    =================
    The PySide Merger
    =================

To simplify our work, and also to make it easier for everybody
to work with the project, we are considering to merge the three
repositories into one: PySide.

It is not planned to change the project structure in any way;
the three pieces stay logically apart as they are now:

    We will just merge the repositories!
    ------------------------------------

It will also still be possible to use the parts alone.
But they now come in one chunk.

I know there are people who are using shiboken separately.
They need to change their workflow a little bit, because
they now need to checkout pyside and copy shiboken out of it.

If you see a problem with that, please contact us now.
We will for sure find a solution together.

Cheers -- Chris

Christian Tismer             :^)   tismer at stackless.com
Software Consulting          :     http://www.stackless.com/
Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 121     :     https://github.com/PySide
14482 Potsdam                :     GPG key -> 0xFB7BEE0E
phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023