[Qbs] pre-built products (cont.)

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 03:44:18 CEST 2017

[sorry, hit send by mistake, please ignore my previous message]

Hi there,

In my source tree I have pre-built binaries, these are third-party
library that we get in binary form only. (PS: don't tell me that it is
bad, i already know that. I cannot change that, i have to deal with
it)

Each of these third party comes with a set of binaries that correspond
to the different toolchain/targets that we support.

A typical tree is:
$topdir/ThirdParty/$name/include
$topdir/ThirdParty/$name/lib/$os$arch/$libname.{so,dll,lib}

So I would like to have a product for each of these, that would export
a include path, a lib search path and a lib name.
But of course i don't want these product to be built, because i don't
have the source code.

The reason i'm thinking about using the product item is that i can
then simply add references to the dependings product.

Is it the right approach?

Maybe i should come with a Module approach, eg, something similar to
Qt itself, that would allow me to add:

Depends {
   name: "ThirdParty"
   submodules: [
      "lib1", "lib2", ...
   ]
}

I never tried that, not sure how to get started...

Thanks,
Chris