[Qt-components] Key navigation

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 29 06:27:23 CET 2013

On 01/28/2013 04:48 PM, Qi Liang wrote:
> Talked with Jens today, maybe we should be better to be compatible
> with old focus behaviors. I think all children items under
> FocusScope, and all has "focus:true" and "focus:false" should be
> considered want to have focus(at least TabFocus). Alan, could you
> correct this?

This seems reasonable, though (as someone pointed out in some earlier
conversation) assigning more than a meaning to a property is generally bad.
I would rather add an explicit "canFocus" property, which simply toggles
the isFocusScope flag on the item (or a new flag, but I think that
isFocusScope is exactly what we need here, despite the strange name).

Since the main use case of keyboard navigation is when using (desktop)
components, I think that having to specify an additional "canFocus"
property in order for your widget to be part of the focus chain is not a
big issue; and all the default components could have this flag set by
default, so in most cases the user wouldn't need to care about it at all.

Ciao,
   Alberto