[Qt-creator] Extending Qt Creator with scripts

bill.king at nokia.com bill.king at nokia.com
Mon Oct 31 10:09:21 CET 2011

I've also been considering a script runner plugin in my capacity as QA for creator. I would rather have as much surfacing as possible done inside the one plugin, than touch many plugins for many reasons. It should only effect other plugins where it is absolutely necessary to do so. We can surface objects quite effectively there to QtScript.

This project over here: http://gitorious.org/qt-creator-static-code-quality-plugin gives a good jump off point/proof of concept that it can work this way. It also gives a good use-case as well :)

I'm definitely interested in this going further, and would like to be included on any code-reviews for it. If I'm lucky I may even get some time to help work on it occasionally.

Two thumbs up here.

BR,
Bill King.