[Qt-creator] Building with virtual frame buffer

eike.ziller at nokia.com eike.ziller at nokia.com
Tue Apr 3 10:47:52 CEST 2012

On 2 Apr 2012, at 14:32, ext Duane wrote:

> On 04/02/2012 03:48 AM, eike.ziller at nokia.com wrote:
>>
>> On 30 Mar 2012, at 22:27, ext Duane wrote:
>>
>>> Using the latest source for opensource 4.8.1.
>>>
>>> I do a configure/build/install with -embedded -qt-gfx-qvfb.  I get a
>>> successful build.
>>>
>>> I run the build and run my app with -qws -display QVFb:0
>>>
>>> But I get the error that the QVFb driver not found.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Since this sounds like a general Qt question I suggest you head over to interest@
>>

> I'm trying another configure/make with different args.  But I have the
> impression that the problem is with Creator and how it handles multiple
> builds, especially multiple builds with the same Qt version but
> different configurations.
>
> For example, it seems that if I do configure with -prefix, then make and
> make install, if I make confclean and change the args in -prefix, do a
> make and then a make install that it installs to the old location.
> Something doesn't seem to be getting cleaned.

What happens when you do make install, make confclean or any other make target doesn't have to do with Qt Creator but with Qt.
In general I wouldn't trust the 'confclean' target that Qt generates, it doesn't quite remove everything also for applications built with Qt/qmake.
The best choice is usually to do shadow builds, then you can just rm -rf the whole build directory and be sure that you get a clean build.

Br,
--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori