[Qt-creator] Target refactoring

tobias.hunger at nokia.com tobias.hunger at nokia.com
Sun Apr 22 10:20:13 CEST 2012

Hi Peter!

Great to see somebody working in that area:-)

I am not sure having a "build system" is a necassary though since the "Project" already
needs to know a lot about of details about the build system used. It needs to parse
all the information we need to know out of the build system setup that defines the project
after all. On the other hand you can argue that the project needs to understand the
_configuration system_ used to decide which files belong to the project, which defines are
used, etc. and not the low level _build system_ that actually decides which
compiler/linker/moc/whatever calls are required to get the binaries you desire.

So what do you want to archive with a new build system abstraction?

Best Regards,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger
Software Engineer
Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori