[Qt-creator] Target requirements for Generic Linux Device

Duane Hebert duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Tue Jan 24 15:38:53 CET 2012

What needs to be installed on the kernel for a remote target in order for
QtCreator to connect to it as a remote Linux device?

I have two systems that I'm testing with and I can connect to one with
Fedora 9 installed.  For this one, I can connect from another Linux or from
Windows with no issues.  The one that doesn't work is running Fedora 8.  On
this one,  I can't connect through QtCreator.  I can connect to it manually
using SSH in a terminal or using the gnome filesystem ui to connect to it as
a server.

I've tried both with Username/Password and public/private key.   In both
cases, I get timeout waiting for response from server.