[Qt-creator] Qt creator 2.5 code autocomplete - syntax hinting - 'intellisense'

Patryk Małek malekpatryk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:19:37 CEST 2012

Hello everyone,

I have just started to use Qt Creator 2.5 on linux (ubuntu 12.04) last week
for my C++ project ( standard C++ project without Qt framework, using cmake
and make). I have used it a few years ago and now I have came back to it.

I really, REALLY like Qt Creator but I think it might/should get an
improvement of syntax hints/autocomplete.

For instance, when one type *std::vector<int>*:: , Qt creator will not
prompt possible options like e.g. *::iterator* or
*::const::iterator.*Other IDEs like Netbeans, Eclipse or Visual Studio
show possible options
correctly. The same problem occurs when one for instance has a, let's
say *std::vector<MyObject
*>, *when you try then to access *MyObject's *instance (contained in the
vector) methods you will not get the autocompletion. Is there a way somehow
to get it 'upgraded' ?

This is the main reason I still kind of stick to Visual Studio on Windows (
+ its plugins, which some of them are remarkable).

Patryk