[Qt-creator] confused about QtCreators behaviour

Geronimo Ma. Hernandez geronimo013 at gmx.com
Fri Jun 1 14:35:14 CEST 2012

On Freitag 01 Juni 2012, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> 01.06.2012, 15:43, "Geronimo Ma. Hernandez" <geronimo013 at gmx.com>:
> > After hitting the build icon, lots of errors came up.
> > I expected all running fine, since I did not change anything yet.
>
> Have you set up Qt version for the project? ("Projects" tab)

Yes, of cause.

I guess I got it:
From the attached picture you can see, that at first sight everything looks
fine.

Error log looks like:
/opt/qtcreator-2.5.0/lib/libQtDBus.so.4: undefined reference to
`QListData::detach(int)'
/opt/qtcreator-2.5.0/lib/libQtDBus.so.4: undefined reference to
`QMutex::unlockInternal()'
/opt/qtcreator-2.5.0/lib/libQtDBus.so.4: undefined reference to
`QMetaCallEvent::QMetaCallEvent(unsigned short, unsigned short, void (*)
(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**), QObject const*, int, int, int*,
void**, QSemaphore*)'
/opt/qtcreator-2.5.0/lib/libQtDBus.so.4: undefined reference to
`QMetaType::registerTypedef(char const*, int)'
/opt/qtcreator-2.5.0/lib/libQtDBus.so.4: undefined reference to
`QListData::detach_grow(int*, int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [dummy] Error 1
14:18:12: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project dummy (target: Desktop)
When executing step 'Make'

On linux, QtCreator is started by a little wrapper script (qtcreator.sh),
which patches the environment and puts the qt-libraries at prominent location
in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Later, when the build is triggered, this environment will be used
(apparently).
So to really perform unmodified builds, the environment-Variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH should be saved under a different name before changing it, so
that the unmodified value can be used for the build environments.

kind regards

Gero