[Qt-creator] Expect trouble with master: wip/profile branch integrated!

Nicolas Arnaud-Cormos nicolas.arnaud-cormos at kdab.com
Thu Jun 28 20:21:52 CEST 2012

On 27/06/2012 12:06, Tobias Hunger wrote:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> On Mo, 2012-06-25 at 10:42 -0700, Nicolas Arnaud-Cormos wrote:
>> The checkbox is still in the project, but not when setting up the
>> project, sorry if I wasn't clear.
>>
>> Nicolas
>>
>> On 25/06/2012 10:37, Nicolas Arnaud-Cormos wrote:
>>> It seems that there's no easy way to have the build in the source
>>> directory now (there was a shadow build checkbox before).
>
> The shadow build check box was only available for desktop builds. That
> separation makes little sense now that you can set up whatever targets
> you want IMHO.
>
> You can still force an in-source-build by just changing the build
> directory to the source-directory.

Ok, so that's a design decision, not a freudian slip.
I know that you can change the directory, less easy than a checkbox, but
I'm good for the moment. I didn't play enough with it to know if I'm
missing it or not, I'm not sure right now.

It was quite nice when using creator in Qt trainings, specially as some
examples don't use resources. At the same time, it seems that the
detection of existing build is better, so I will probably build the
whole thing first and open the project after.
At the same time, I'm using shadow build for all the projects I'm
working on for the moment.

> PS: Daniel said when reviewing the patch that somebody will complain
> about this and I did not believe him. I hate when he is right;-)

Sorry :)

--
Nicolas Arnaud-Cormos | nicolas.arnaud-cormos at kdab.com | Senior Software
Engineer