[Qt-creator] Deploying to remote linux device

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at nokia.com
Tue Mar 20 18:40:52 CET 2012

On 03/20/2012 05:53 PM, ext Duane wrote:
> Using QtCreator with Qt4.7.4 or 4.8 on Fedora 16.
>
> I can create my project and get it to deploy the binary to a remote
> device and it will run if the remote device has the dependencies.  But
> I want to also deploy a few shared libs like libboost_date_time.so.  How
> can I specify these?

You would specify them the same way as your binary, i.e. using the
INSTALLS variable:
     mylibs.files = lib1.so lib2.so ... libn.so
     mylibs.path = <path on the device where they can be found by your
application>
     INSTALLS += mylibs
  But are you sure that's what you want? What is your target system?
Where do you get the shared libraries from? Why are they not on the
target system already? Won't they have dependencies themselves? Etc. pp.
In short, I have a suspicion that you'd be better off linking your
executable statically.

Christian