[Qt-creator] Documentation suggestions

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Wed Mar 28 16:01:01 CEST 2012

Hi,

Whenever I search for something in documentation I get typically 2-3
hits, one for each version, like mobility 120, 121, harmattan.

 From Tools->Options->Help documentation I found I can manually remove
old versions, but I cannot disable them.

I'd prefer if the update would disable or even remove the old
versions.    I'm not sure if harmattan is required either as most of the
docs seem to be the same as generic qt doc.

Btw. documentation filters seems rather advanced option, is anyone using
those?

On another subject:

The examples in documentation are good, but it would be great if the doc
would give the opportunity to directly open the example project in Qt
Creator.  It would then immediately available for testing, or smarter
browsing than just reading source code in linear fashion.  XCode on
Apple allows this (downloading and opening an example project in xcode
straight from the docs),  so it would be great if qt creator could do it
too.  Also, in my opinion Qt Creator browsing is better and faster than
xcode's.

Another 2 cents for the cause,

Harri