[Qt-creator] code model parsing

Erik Verbruggen erik.verbruggen at me.com
Fri Mar 30 10:10:37 CEST 2012

On 30-3-12 8:26, Luc Vlaming wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just a small note: some git commits in the last 1-2 days have
> unfortunately broken the code model parsing. In the version of two days
> ago the code model would complete parsing (the complete tree) in about
> 15 seconds. The newest version, however, hangs for at least 30 minutes
> at the same point (about 10%).

That is probably caused by my preprocessor change.

> This is not a way to say "go fix!" or anything like that, it's just that
> I thought people might want to know. I am currently unfortunately too
> busy to do a gdb trace to where the problem might be, but if this would
> be very helpful I could give it a try on monday or tuesday (then the
> deadline is over ;))
>
> Another note: the project in question is a quite big (cmake generated)
> c++ project using quite some libraries (for example, boost).

Instead of a gdb trace, could you pull & compile master again and run it
with the environment variable QTCREATOR_DUMP_FILENAME_WHILE_PARSING set?
(The value is not important.) That will show on stderr the file that is
being preprocessed/parsed.

-- Erik.