[Qt-creator] Setting Creator up for X-compiling to freescale

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu May 10 01:48:26 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 02:21:20PM -0700, Mohammad Mirzadeh wrote:
> Huuuum. Ok when attaching debugger to multiple processes inside a
> single Creator session, are both processes supposed to stop at
> the each and every breakpoint? It seems that they don't quite do
> that.

No, breakpoints set before start are essentially shared. When a
debugger engine starts, it gets all currently unassigned
breakpoints presented, and gets asked whether it might be
interested in handling it. In most cases the response is "Sure,
I'll try", so when the second engine starts there aren't "free"
breakpoints left.

[When I think about it, maybe "cloning" the breakpoints
might be more in line with typical expectation. Maybe file
a bug on JIRA]

> For example, when I run 2 MPI processes, and attach to the two
> processes inside one Creator session and use snapshots to go back
> and forth between the two, only one of the processes stops at any
> given breakpoint and the other one continues. If I attach in two
> different Creator sessions, I don't have that problem obviously.
> What am I doing wrong here?

Nothing.

For your use case starting two Creator instances is the best
option. Switching between them is not more effort than
switching between "Snapshots".

Andre'