[Qt-creator] Feedback to 2.5

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon May 28 22:51:58 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 06:01:33PM +0200, Geronimo Ma. Hernandez wrote:
> - changing hot-keys does not work: I tried to change "follow symbol
> under cursor" to F3 (the key used by eclipse). The key appears in
> context menu, but nothing happens hitting F3.

Works here. Note that <F3> is typically taken by "Find Next".

> I restarted QtCreator
> but that did not change anything.  Same was true for "toggle
> comment" with the shortcut Shift-Ctrl-C The wizard accepts the key,
> but nothing happens on that key.

Works here, too.

> Ok, sometimes something happens hitting Shift-Ctrl-C, but I can't
> say what - I just see a flicker and some editors changed their
> files
>
> I noticed, that several keyboard shortcuts are marked in red color.
> Most of them I did not touch. What's the meaning of the red keys?

It means the same key is bound to different actions. That might
make sense if the actions are used in different contexts.

> - adding a method to declaration from source works somewhat
> strange:
>
> starting with a declaration like this:
>
> class X { public: void fn0(...); void fn1(...); void fnX(...);
>
> protected: ...  };
>
> When I add a function in the source file and use refactoring for
> adding the prototype to the public area of the class declaration,
> the result looks like:
>
> class X { public: void fn0(...); void fn1(...); void fnX(...);
>
>   void fnNewlyAdded(...); protected: ...  };
>
> where I expected it to be:
>
> class X { public: void fn0(...); void fn1(...); void fnX(...); void
> fnNewlyAdded(...);
>
> protected: ...  };

Is the problem that the new function declaration is added on a
new line instead of lumping it together on a line with other
declarations?

Andre'