[Qt-creator] Some thoughts about 2.5

Geronimo Ma. Hernandez geronimo013 at gmx.com
Wed May 30 05:31:20 CEST 2012

On Dienstag 29 Mai 2012, André Pönitz wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 05:21:23AM +0200, Geronimo Ma. Hernandez wrote:
> > >
> > > The log file you sent earlier contains:
> > >    UNSUPPORTED GDB VERSION GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0.1-debian
> >
> > Oh sir! A message in a initially hidden window does not count at all!
> > I guess no user is interested in the debug log until he likes to work on
> > that item or until he encounters problems.
>
> I had the impression you did encounter a problem.

Yes, but I did not write to ask for problem solution.
You took me wrong completely.

I was talking about software quality and usability.
The barrier of installing QtCreator is very low - few mouse clicks and you're
ready to run. And most things work out of the box without having to take a
look at helpfiles or google for it. I very appreciate Q

The impact of no debugging output is so big, that I thought, there might be
lots of people that tried QtCreator, that just removed it caused of that.
So I'd just wanted to give you some food for thought.

> > Why not pop a messagebox, with a (localized - is QtCreator localized?)
> > message, telling that the gdb is not supported.
>
> Look, that snide "question" in parentheses alone makes me wonder whether
> I should try to continue that conversation at all,

but you do know what a joke is? Admittedly I wasn't good enuf to point that
out.

regards

Gero