[Qt-creator] Some thoughts about 2.5

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.org
Wed May 30 20:50:11 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Harri Pasanen <harri at mpaja.com> wrote:

> One must remember we are all not native English speakers and nuances are
> often difficult even for them in a written medium.

I agree. Actually, this is *another* good reason not to use "colorful"
expressions. They do not translate well.

> In defense of Geronimo I think he makes a few valid points, the signal
> to noise ratio is not *that* bad.

I agree with this also. He chose to apologize to the list (which I
respect), but my most recent note to him was sent privately. My sense is
that Geronimo is trying to criticize constructively, but is still learning
how to do that. I am trying to offer him concrete advice on how to do
better. I will continue to do so, but I think it is better if I do that
privately with him.

> I also admire his enthusiasm, it is so much easier to be a silent lurker.

I am guilty of that. There are things about QMake that are making me crazy,
but I don't want to open my mouth unless I am willing to help contribute
(with code) to the solution. In the end, this turns me into a lurker
myself, which is probably bad.

Jonathan