[Qt-creator] Re-use visible editor in other views

Typz thetypz at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:31:56 CEST 2012

Hello,

I updated the patch to add such an option.
Actually, I think this patch kind of makes sense. If the file is already
visible on the screen, why would we want to open it somewhere else? Anyway,
i spend most of my time with one view only, so i can't really tell. And
maybe the new 'mode' has other issues...

To get the 'best' of both worlds, maybe the option should be added in the
view's buttons [next to the 'split' button] ? So that the current view
specifies if all new editors should be open there. Or  the opposite, each
view has a button to 'lock' that view: e.g. if it is not the current one,
it will not be used to open new editors (but all other views may be used).

Best regards,

--
Francois