[Qt-creator] ability to configure the debugger

Orgad and Raizel Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 15:09:04 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM, dAgeCKo <dagecko at free.fr> wrote:

> Le 01/11/2012 10:58, Orgad and Raizel Shaneh a écrit :
>

> >     Unfortunately, qt creator does not provide any way to change how to
> >     start the debugger.
>

> > You can add a deployment step (in Run configuration)
> >

> I tried to find a way to do it, but it didn't worked. And I could find
> nothing about this after some searches on Internet.
> Can you make a more developped answer ?
>
> Thanks.

Sure.

   - Switch to Projects mode (left side-bar, usually the 5th entry).
   - Choose the Run tab
   - In the Deployment section, choose Add -> Deploy Configuration
   - Press "Add Deploy Step" -> Custom Process Step
   - Enter your command, arguments and working directory.

The deployment step will always run before 'Run' (after Build).

In case you want to disable/skip it, you can:

   - Uncheck "Always deploy project before running it" in Build & Run
   options
   - Run using "Build -> Run Without Deployment"
   - Run using "Debug -> Start Debugging -> Start Debugging Without
   Deployment"

Hope it's not too complicated :)

- Orgad