[Qt-creator] Kit-Device relation

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Thu Nov 15 16:34:37 CET 2012

On 11/15/2012 04:23 PM, Orgad Shaneh wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Ziller Eike <Eike.Ziller at digia.com
> <mailto:Eike.Ziller at digia.com>> wrote:
>
>     If that means pulling the device out of the Kit and putting it
>     somewhere else (where?), or if that means making it easier and more
>     obvious to switch the device in a kit, I'm not sure.
>
> Regarding the 'where' question, I think it should appear in the
> project's Run Configuration

So the user should be able to create n run configs using n different
devices? For the same project and kit? And don't forget deployment,
which also needs the device: Do you want the device to be settable
separately for every single deploy step? Or per deploy configuration? Or
should it always be the same as the one for the run configuration? But
what if there is no run configuration... ?
We have answered these questions in different, more or less unsatisfying
ways over the course of device support in Qt Creator. None of them can
ever arise if the device is part of the kit.

Christian