[Qt-creator] Extend C++ Text highlighting in Qt Creator with a plugin

Poenitz Andre Andre.Poenitz at digia.com
Thu Nov 22 13:13:48 CET 2012

Carel Combrink wrote:
> I am trying to investigate the possibility of extending the normal C++
> Syntax highlighter of Qt Creator (2.6.0) with a plugin. For the moment
> I am only interested in working with comments, but in future this might
> extend beyond comments.[...]

Qt Creator usually do not use plugins for small additions, rather merge that
functionality into the major plugins, especially if the addition is considered
generally useful. So it depends a bit on what exactly you want to highlight,
but doing it in the normal C++ support is very likely the way to go.

> PS: I have also posted this on the forum here (http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/22115/)

This mailing list (and #qt-creator on FreeNode IRC outside Central
European sleeping time) is usually the best place to  discuss this stuff.
Not many of the developers read the Forum.

Regards,
Andre'