[Qt-creator] What could be wrong with my debug settings

Robert Löhning robert.loehning at digia.com
Tue Nov 27 12:45:41 CET 2012

Am 27.11.2012 10:16, schrieb Guido Seifert:
> Hi,
> for the first time I try to debug under windows with the qt-creator.
> According to docs:
>
> Tools > Options... > Debugger > Common > Use Creator for post-mortem debugging.
>
> Fine.
>
> Setting the Symbol Server in Windows...
>
> Fine.
>
> Now program crashes, now I am asked if I want to debug with qtcreator.
> qtcreator starts... and...:
> starting executable failed.
> c:/xxxx/qt-creator/bin: No such file or directory.
>
> Very helpful. What file or directory it is supposed to find?
>
> Guido

Hi Guido,

that seems to work fine for me. Please try going to "Tools" ->
"Options..." -> "Debugger" -> "General", unchecking "Use Creator for
post-mortem debugging" and clicking "Apply". Then check it again and
click "Apply" again.

This should cleanly write the used path to the registry. I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Robert

--
   Robert Löhning, Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
   Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius