[Qt-creator] Qt Creator qbs build

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Fri Apr 12 14:07:58 CEST 2013

On 04/12/2013 01:11 PM, Orgad Shaneh wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Christian Kandeler
> <christian.kandeler at digia.com> wrote:
>> On 04/11/2013 09:11 PM, Orgad Shaneh wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to build Qt Creator using qbs on debian linux (running qbs
>>> install release).
>>
>> Works fine on my Ubuntu for 2.7 and master.
>>
>>> The build is successful, but when I try to execute it it prints the
>>> following message and quits:
>>>
>>> ./qtcreator: error while loading shared libraries: libCore.so: cannot
>>> open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> Is libCore listed when you run ldd on the qtcreator executable? For me
>> it is not.
>
> It is, with => not found

Interesting: The ld on my Ubuntu seems to ignore all dynamically linked
in libraries if none of their symbols are actually used. As a result,
the qtcreator binary contains no references to e.g. libUtils and
libAggregation, which appear on the command line (also for the qmake
build). Does anyone know where that feature comes from? The ld on my
ArchLinux, which is newer, doesn't appear to do that.

Christian