[Qt-creator] Planned Qt Creator 2.8.1 release

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Aug 13 14:36:28 CEST 2013

Hi,

I suggest to do a 2.8.1 release really soon. Since we released 2.8.0 a month ago over 100 patches have accumulated in 2.8, some of them crash fixes. Also, we plan to have a Qt 5.1.1 release soon (currently scheduled for next week), and combining this with a Qt Creator 2.8.1 would allow testing both in one go.

So, I'd highly encourage everyone to work with the latest 2.8 branch in git, or download a snapshot from http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qtcreator/2.8.1 . Also, please think twice before merging stuff to 2.8 from now on ... in any case you should always add a maintainer to the review, since the 2.8 branch is 'frozen'.

Regards

Kai

--
   Kai Köhne, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
   Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius