[Qt-creator] BareMetal Target Plugin

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 18:34:44 CEST 2013

2013/8/14 Daniel Teske <daniel.teske at digia.com>:
>> The problem is that just pointing to a qmake binary is not enough as
>> Creator runs a couple of sanity checks to ensure the associated Qt build
>> is "usable". This is simply "too much" in this particular case.
> The ony requirements are, and I repeat myself here:
> - Various files in the mkspec directory, those are needed by qmake.
> - That the bin directory exists (which given that the qmake binary is in it is
> a rather easy requirement.
> - That the include directory exists, but that can be empty. That is the only
> one that is in addtion to what would work on the command line. We check that
> directory, since it is quite common for those who compile qt from source to
> not do a -prefix . build / not install.

We also look at the libQtCore* binary and extract the "ABI" from that.
This ABI is then matched against the compiler when setting both up in
a kit. That is what causes trouble here and what requires the "faking"
Andre is talking about.

I do want to leave that check in since the "I have Qt-mingw installed
and have successfully built an application using MSVC 2010 but it
keeps crashing." are not seen anymore. Ok, I still run into "Qt
Creator won't let me build even though I set up MSVC 2010 compiler
with my mingw Qt", but noticeably less of those;-)

Best Regards,
Tobias