[Qt-creator] New design

Preet prismatic.project at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 16:52:17 CEST 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Elias Steurer <elias at evolutionzone.net>wrote:

> Hey Guys,****
>
> ** **
>
> I have created a new design for the Qt Creator. For now its “only” raw
> design made in Photoshop and of course only my very first sketches.  The
> style of the Editor is dark and therefore comfortable to work especially
> in the night ;). Please provide me useful feedback so I can improve my
> concepts.****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2255/y20l.png****
>
> ** **
>
> http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2029/0pfl.png****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Best,****
>
> Elias Steurer****
>
> aka Kelteseth****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **

This looks almost exactly like the new Visual Studio though. And I mean, I
wasn't able to tell them apart at first glance -- I'm tempted to say you
started with a Visual Studio screenshot as reference and then remixed it to
show QtCreator features/options. Even if you didn't, I don't think its ever
a good idea to style a product so closely to the competition. I do prefer
the darker theme and I do like how compact the left sidebar is though, the
current one has always struck me as taking up too much space.