[Qt-creator] QTabWidget in QDialog

Tom Isaacson Tom.Isaacson at navico.com
Mon Dec 30 02:24:51 CET 2013

I've created a basic dialog in Qt Creator that has a tab widget to organise the controls. This works fine, but I don't understand how to make it so the controls on a particular tab belong to that tab rather than the dialog. In Object Inspector the controls appear under the tab but when I access them in code via "ui->" they're part of the dialog. This means every time I add a tab the amount of code and controls in my dialog has to be extended.

I can find examples of how to do this programmatically but I'd rather do it in Qt Creator so I don't break the ability to edit in the UI designer.

Tom