[Qt-creator] Setting Font Color/Style for DOxygen text

David Schulz david.schulz at digia.com
Mon Feb 18 09:50:51 CET 2013

Hi,

the HTML tags should be highlighted as keywords, but for some unknown
reasons it seems that they are rehighlighted with another colour. It
would be nice if you could open a report for this bug.

br,

David

On 02/15/2013 10:35 PM, Frédéric Marchal wrote:
> On Friday 15 February 2013 19:02:07 Michael Jackson wrote:
>> My colors are set to green, light green and purple. The text is bright
>> blue. Clearly not the same. Also if I use html style tags in the comments
>> (like <b></b>) then they show up black. I am on a black background so this
>> is also an issue.
>>
>> Maybe I am not opening the file correctly? The files have a .dox extension.
>> Maybe QtCreator is opening those with a different editor type like Plain
>> Text or Something? Same issues with XML documents.
>>
>>   again, this is with a Black background.
> Unfortunately, I can't help much here.
>
> Doxygen tags are highlighted as they should when they are in a C or C++ source
> file but things are different in a *.dox file.
>
> A doxygen tag is assigned a style that's not available in the color scheme
> list.
>
> On the other side, a doxygen comment follows the color scheme of a regular
> comment and a regular C comment is not highlighted at all. It's as expected.
>
> Kate is displaying everything correctly in a dox file. So I guess it is a
> problem with the way the highlighting rules are mapped to the color scheme in
> Qt Creator. I don't know how it works.
>
> Frederic
>

>> THanks
>> ---
>> MJ

>>> Go the the Tools/Options... menu.
>>>
>>> Select "Text Editor" then "Font & Colors".
>>>
>>> In the "Color Scheme" list, near the bottom, there are the three entries
>>> "Comment", "Doxygen Comment" and "Doxygen Tag". The second one is the one
>>> you are looking for.
>>>
>>> This is for Qt Creator 2.6.2.
>>>
>>> Frederic

David Schulz

Digia Germany GmbH
Rudower Chausse 13, 12489 D-Berlin
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B,
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius
Email: david.schulz at digia.com
Tel: +49 30 63 92 32 55

Digia Germany is a group company of Digia Plc,
Valimotie 21, FI-00380 Helsinki Finland
Visit us at: www.digia.com