[Qt-creator] Qt-Creator and Qwt under Win, MinGW

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Tue Jan 15 11:59:15 CET 2013

15.01.2013, 14:52, "Martin Mensch" <mmensch at siegrist.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install Qwt under Win7 compiled with MinGW which works so far that I can compile and run the examples.
> Now I wanted to install Qwt to Qt Creator so I can use the integrated designer to setup my forms. But this fails. When  using the integrated designer I get a message under Tools | Form Editor | About Qt Designer Plugins... -> Failed plugins:
> The plugin 'C:/Qt/Qwt/6.0.2/designer/plugins/designer/qwt_designer_plugin.dll' uses incompatible Qt library. Expected build key "Windows msvc release full-config", got "Windows mingw release full-config"
> Googling for that I found some comments that say it is because Qt Creator is compiled with Visual Studio and cannot work together with dlls compiled with MinGW.
> So I just want to ask the Qt Creator experts:
> - Is that the reason for this message?

Yes. Executables and plugins built by MinGW and MSVC are binary incompatible. They cannot be used together.

> - Is there a ready to use Qt Creator compiled with MinGW?
> - Are there other ways to get me working with Qwt and Qt Creator?

Rebuild designer plugin(s) with Visual Studio [Express], or ask Qwt to provide them.

> - What about stand alone Qt Designer? Does it have the same issue?

You can get pre-compiled Qt built with MinGW. It's Designer should be compatible with your plugin(s).

--
Regards,
Konstantin