[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 2.8 on Linux - g++ version

Peter Pearson peter at thefoundry.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 15:36:22 CEST 2013

On 02/07/13 14:24, Ziller Eike wrote:

> Even then you can get into clashes, since Qt loads plugins from the system. We had that with libpng. We had libpng statically linked into Qt Creator, a Qt plugin (style) loaded and tried to use the system libpng -->  crash.

If you don't build Qt and Qt Creator with -fvisibility=hidden, then yes
that can happen. But if you build Qt using its own version of built-in
things like libpng, libtiff and zlib, that shouldn't be an issue.

Unfortunately, GNU/Linux was not really designed with distributing
binaries in mind :(

./configure; make; make install

works a lot better...

Peter