[Qt-creator] 2.8.0 rc Indexing panel in the right lower edge?

Thomas Meyer public at meyer-thomas.com
Fri Jul 5 13:35:41 CEST 2013

Hi,
I have downloaded
qt-creator-2.8.0-rc-src.zip
from
http://download.qt-project.org/development_releases/qtcreator/2.8/2.8.0-rc/

I have build the Qt Creator successfull:
Qt Creator 2.7.84
Based on Qt 5.1.0 (MSVC 2010, 32 bit)

Built on Jul 5 2013 at 12:48:07
MS Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

My first question is:
Is the number 2.7.84 correct?

If I start the Qt Creator, it will load the last session, the session
with the 2.8.0 rc code.
But it failed. I have first to load the default session in the Qt
Creator 2.7.2 and then
can start successfull the new version. It would be nice to have a "red
button" for
the default or an empty session. I saw it so often, that the Qt Creator
'hangs' during

The next what I noticed is, that the indexing, session, build and
parsing panel is in the lower
right corner. Is this correct?

And last, I got the warning:
C:\Qt\qt-creator-2.8.0-rc-src\src\libs\3rdparty\botan\botan.cpp:35140:
warning: C4297: 'Botan::bigint_sub2_rev' : function assumed not to throw
an exception but does
The function is extern "C" and /EHc was specified

Thanks,
Thomas Meyer