[Qt-creator] Qt Creator and JIRA

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Wed Mar 20 17:02:09 CET 2013

On 20.03.2013, at 15:56, Dini Chillet <dini.chillet at fukuda.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My question do concern both JIRA and QtCreator (so I think I can ask in this mailing list)
> As you can supposed, I uses both tools. JIRA is perfectly accessible through firefox, chromium, opera..
> I am trying to access it through the "locator/web search".
> Therefore, I added the url "http://10.10.30.8:8080" in the configuration.
>
> Unfortunately, when I try to access I got, in the Help mode, the error:
> "Host requires authentication
> Error loading: http://10.10.30.8:8080/rest/helptips/1.0/tips
> Check that you have one or more documentation sets installed.
> If you try to access a public URL, make sure to have a network connection.
> If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure the application is permitted to access the network."
>
> When I try your url "https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG", it is working...
>
> How guys, did you manage to configure JIRA to allow this kind of access

Not sure. Did you take the URL you get when you click on a bugreport on your jira install, replacing the term you want to provide through locator with %1? e.g. I'd expect something like "http://10.10.30.8:8080/browse/%1".
Also, on bugreports.qt-project.org even unregistered, not-logged-in users can browse bugs, so if your setup requires some kind of authentication, I suppose it might fail (e.g. I wouldn't count on the Qt Creator internal webview handling http authentication).

We should probably not open stuff from the "websearch" filter in Qt Creator directly anyhow, but open your preferred external browser…

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius