[Qt-creator] Customizing the target path for custom Qt Creator class wizard

Alfonso Chartier alfonso.chartier at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 21:07:26 CET 2013

Hi,

My team and I are using a custom Qt Creator class wizard we created. One
thing we'd like to be able to do is place the generated header file in a
sibling directory to the current project. For instance, assume we have the
following directory structure:

include
myproject

If I want to add a new class to myproject, I would invoke our custom class
wizard. I would want the resulting header and source files to be placed
like this:

include
     myclass.h
myproject
     myclass.cpp

Unfortunately, it seems that when I modify the target property of the
header file in the wizard.xml file, it always assumes that the directory
specified is underneath the myproject directory. Even specifying an
absolute path (e.g., /home/user/qtprojects/include) just ends up putting
the header file under myproject/home/user/qtprojects/include. I have even
tried using a relative directory for the target (e.g., ../include), but
this doesn't work at all.

How can I accomplish the desired functionality? It would be great if the
custom class wizard could handle this without the need to develop
additional scripts.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

-Alfonso