[Qt-creator] Send a message to the general message panel

Thomas Meyer public at meyer-thomas.com
Sat May 18 08:45:57 CEST 2013

Hi,
how can I send a simple string (QString) from a plugin to the 'General
Messages' panel (or pane)
and how to the TextEditor (an opened text file)?
Where can I find some documentation about the 'communication' (sending
or receiving strings etc.)
between plugins and the different panes (panels?) and the TextEditor?

Example:
I have build a simple plugin, which is a dialog with a button 'send
text' and should send
'Hello world' to an opened text file. For 'debugging' I want to send
'send text pressed'
to the 'General Messages' pane.

Thanks,
     Thomas