[Qt-creator] Slow performance on OSX Mavericks (10.9)

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Thu Nov 7 09:47:43 CET 2013

On Nov 7, 2013, at 4:41 AM, Mohammad Mirzadeh <mirzadeh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I (unfortunately) have updated my OSX to mavericks and ever since qt creator has become annoyingly sluggish. Anyone else having similar issues?

Some seem to: QTBUG-34337, QTCREATORBUG-10491, QTBUG-34546.
Prebuilds based on some Qt 4.8 are probably having more problems than Qt 5.2 ones, what kind of Qt Creator do you use?
You can also check if using http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qtcreator/3.0.0-pre-rc/ helps a bit.
Also, where do you specifically note performance problems?

> Also, is there any workaround to use GDB? Can I compile it from source and have qt-creator use that?

We had very mixed results with custom builds of gdb on Mac. Aside from setting it up being a bit complicated (signing and stuff), things didn't work that reliably.
But the above 3.0-pre-rc snapshot should have pretty decent LLDB support. And if some things do not work for you with the LLDB support in there, it would be very valuable for us to get bugreports about that :)

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt